Front Desk Agent
Hilton Waco Downtown
What will I be doing?
- Books guest reservations and/or coordinates with reservation center
- Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity
- Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager
- Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls
- Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log
- Replenishes continental breakfast as needed and keeps area clean
- Ensures common area/lobby is clean
- Performs laundry functions as directed
- Checks guests in and out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets and becomes informed and knowledgeable of upcoming events/ functions in the hotel and in the surrounding area.
- Answers guests’ questions about the property and amenities and is able to refer and direct guests to area attractions and outlets. Arranges for the appropriate transportation of guests to and from the hotel when necessary.
- Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid outs, charges and check-outs.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier’s report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
- Balances cash bag at open and closing of each shift.
- Transmits and receives messages using equipment such as computer, telephone, email, fax and switchboard.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job ID: 239126